Monday, May 9, 2016

Hands 2 Help update

Just a quick update today. I've been plugging along on the Unitarian fans quilting for Bright Bento, my second quilt for the Hands2Help charity challenge.


It's slow going, because I keep getting distracted by other things in my studio. However, the delay allowed the perfect material for the binding to appear in my life.


This solid lavender fabric was part of the extra freebies in my last fabric delivery, and I think it blends beautifully with all the Kaffe Fassett designs in this quilt. I may combine it with another solid for a flanged binding.

Hands2Help is approaching the final deadline of May 22, 2016 to get our quilts completed. I'm hoping to get this one done this week. If I finish the quilting and sew the binding on by hand, I can do that handwork in the rental car when we drive to Virginia in the next ten days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.